Warning Alarm Stability Protection device - Leader WASP
Firefighting and USAR applications
Accurate for optimal safety
Teams using Leader WASP
The Leader WASP or Warning Alarm for Stability Protection was initially developed for the UK International Search and Rescue team, of which Matt Keogh was a member for 27 years. Matt is the creator of WASP and LEADER is now undertaking its manufacturing and promotion.
The stability controller was specifically designed for movement detection to protect USAR staff when entering earthquake damaged buildings because of spending hours in buildings breaching through floors all the time unaware if actions made were weakening the structure further.
Leader WASP safety monitoring and warning device gives rescue crews an early warning of failure allowing them to realise what they were doing (Breaching, Shoring, Tech Search) was possibly going to cause collapse of the unstable structure.
Leader WASP detects movement (0 to 2.6 degrees) and vibration (0 to 100 Hz) simultaneously or not. Alarm is triggered due to rotational failure of the sructure that it has been attached to. It was purely designed for risk reduction to personnel working in close proximity to a risk that had the potential of further movement/collapse of USAR operations.
Leader WASP allows quick implementation with easy configuration. It is robust and compact and is ultra-sensitive.
Leader WASP comes more and more under International Search and Rescue Advisory Group (INSARAG) coordination:UK ISAR, DART Singapore, etc..
- Primary function
- Monitors movements and vibrations on stabilised structures or unstabilised structures
- 1 or 2 monitoring units in one set.
They are not linkable.
- Risk during implementation
- Rescuer must put himself at risk and get close to or onto the structure or item to be monitored. However rescuers know level of risk and act accordingly to use Wasp.
- Seismic + Gyroscope sensors
- Monitoring method
- Detects rotation movement from 0° to 2.6° and / or vibration from 0.01hz to 100hz.
- Live monitoring
- No indication on box
- Unit calibration in field
- 20 sec to 30 sec
- Several alarm volume levels or Mute
- Alarm option
- Flash light
- LED lights with 2 blinking rythm according working info or alarm triggering
- Designed for USAR confined space and small area places of work.
- It will only detect movements of angle, not rotation (an opening door) not if lowered, (a dropping/rising lift or strut leg) and not if sliding (a rolling vehicle)
- Power supply
- 4x 1,5V C cell batteries
- Running time
- 1 week in continuous work
- IP54 now upgraded to IP66
- Small heavy box to carry and place – it has no handle. Need accessories to be attached to structure
- Calibration every 18 months (cost = £195 single £325 double) + transport expenses to UK factory
- 12 months
Those could interest you
Camera and search device for buried victims: LOCATE, DETECT and SAVE with one tool!
Detection and location of victims buried under rubble thanks to seismic technology, and able to establish communication wi...
A laser monitors the distance of the target to be monitored and triggers an alarm if the movement threshold set is exceede...
A laser monitors the distance of the target to be monitored and triggers an alarm if the threshold set is exceeded. ...