LEADER MULTISEARCH 8:
UWB radar +
3 seismic sensors +
2 search cameras
MULTI-APPLICATION control box: Versatile, configurable and upgradeable!
4-IN-1 FEATURES: UWB movement detection + seismic detection + visual victim location + thermal victim location!
An upgradeable search device!
Backpacks designed for USAR rescuers!
The LEADER MULTISEARCH 8 is a victim location device designed for specialised urban search and rescue-clearance teams.
The LEADER MULTISEARCH is the only USAR victim location device in the world combining a MULTI-APP control box making it possible to interface/connect the following 5 devices:
- UWB radar movement detector (SCAN): detects movements of victims under wreckage,
- seismic sensors (SEARCH): detect the vibrations generated by people under wreckage (shouts, scratching, knocks, etc.),
- a colour search camera (CAM): visually locates victims,
- thermal imaging search camera (TIC): detects heat sources for thermal searches for victims buried also in dark and/or dusty environments,
- and an optional camera, waterproof to 90 m (RD90), can also be connected: for explorations at great depths.
SCAN DEVICE: UWB RADAR/STURDY, ULTRA-PRECISE MOVEMENT DETECTOR
SCAN UWB ground penetrating radar uses SCAN Ultra Wide Band (UWB) technology.
The UWB radar is a transmitter/receiver equipped with an ultra-sensitive UWB sensor producing electromagnetic waves that can pass through construction materials.
It can probe through 50 cm of dense concrete or any other construction material such as bricks, asphalt, sand, wood, floor tiles, roof tiles, plastic, plaster and glass. (Note that electromagnetic waves cannot pass through metal surfaces, damp surfaces (clay), or water).
This scans the surface of debris looking for movements of living victims (conscious or unconscious) up to 30 m unobstructed and indicates in real-time the precise depth at which the victim is located.
Ultra-sensitive and precise, UWB technology makes it possible to detect:
- strong movements (e.g. arm movements) up to 30 m unobstructed
- and weak movements (e.g. breathing movements) up to 10 m unobstructed.
The radar device is stored in a waterproof, shockproof, compact and lightweight case to facilitate search operations in hard-to-reach confined spaces. It has a Lithium-Ion battery with 4 hours running time.
To aid use in the field, it can operate by WiFi (alternative if interference: a USB cable can be connected).
SEARCH DEVICE: ULTRA-SENSITIVE SEISMIC SENSORS DESIGNED FOR THE FIELD
SEARCH seismic sensors, also called 'seismic listening equipment', are ultra-sensitive, offering unrivalled sound quality to search and rescue specialists.
The LEADER MULTISEARCH 8 victim detector has 3 wireless seismic sensors with an unobstructed range of 100 m due to their aerial providing optimum connectivity!
Compared to cabled sensors, the wireless seismic sensors are very simple to use. So there are actually no cables to go and loosen in the rubble!
Lightweight and compact, they can be stored easily in a pocket.
CAM PERIPHERAL: A COLOUR SEARCH CAMERA HEAD
The CAM colour search camera enables visual searching for victims trapped in confined spaces. Fitted with a microphone/loudspeaker, it is possible to talk to the victim to assess the threat to their life.
It is waterproof, swivels and is equipped with LED lights to identify victims more easily in the dark. Attached to an ultra-light carbon fibre telescopic pole, it can reach inaccessible areas up to 2.4 m away once extended (4 m option available).
TIC PERIPHERAL: A THERMAL IMAGING SEARCH CAMERA HEAD
Thermal searching makes it possible to detect a heat source quickly, even if the environment is very dark, dusty or smoky. The camera head detects heat between 0°C and 120°C. A living victim will therefore be visible even if covered with dust or hidden behind foliage.
The MULTI-APP control box makes this USAR kit upgradeable!
This box can also be connected to:
- the optional RD90 search camera, waterproof to 90 m (RD90 device) for explorations at great depths. The optional RD90 colour camera, waterproof to 90 m and fitted with a 90 m cable wound on a reel enables exploration at great depth. The fixed head is fitted with LED lights and does not swivel. A 90 m extension lead allows it to be lowered down to 180 m.
LEADER MULTISEARCH 8 victim location and rescue equipment forms part of the USAR devices recommended by INSARAG.
Find more information on the MULTI-APPLICATION box at the following link: MULTISEARCH Concept Expertise!