LEADER MULTISEARCH 2:
UWB radar +
(color and thermal)
MULTI-APPLICATION control box: Versatile, configurable and upgradeable!
3-IN-1 FEATURES: UWB movement detection + visual victim location + thermal victim location!
An upgradeable search device!
Backpacks to facilitate transport of search devices on the search area
The LEADER MULTISEARCH 1 is victim location equipment designed for specialised urban search and rescue teams.
This kit makes it possible to combine:
- movement detection (UWB ground penetrating radar = SCAN device)
- and visual location using the colour search camera (= CAM device),
- and detection/search for hotspots using the thermal imaging search camera (= TIC device) enabling visual searching for buried victims in both dark and/or dusty environments.
The LEADER MULTISEARCH is the only USAR equipment in the world combining a MULTI-APPLICATION control box enabling the following 5 devices to be interfaced: an ultra-wide band movement detector radar (SCAN), a colour search camera (CAM) to locate these victims visually, and a thermal imaging camera (TIC) to reveal hotspots. An optional camera, waterproof to 90 m (RD90), can also be connected for explorations at great depths, seismic sensors to detect the vibrations caused by people under wreckage (SEARCH).
STURDY, HIGH-SENSITIVITY UWB RADAR/MOVEMENT DETECTOR
The SCAN UWB ground penetrating radar sensor features Ultra Wide Band (UWB) technology that probes the surface of wreckage to search for movements of survivors.
The MULTISEARCH 2 USAR movement detector is ultra-sensitive and precise! It is actually able to detect:
- strong movements to within 1 m (e.g. arm movements of a conscious person) up to 30 m unobstructed,
- and weak movements (e.g. movements of an unconscious person's rib cage due to the breathing) up to 10 m unobstructed.
It can also indicate the precise depth at which the living person is located.
UWB technology consists of sending electromagnetic waves through wreckage to detect differences of movements.
It is able to detect movements through 50 cm of concrete, but also through wood, roof tiles, bricks, glass, plastics and more. (However, note that the waves don't pass through water or metal surfaces).
The radar and associated electronics are protected by a waterproof and shockproof case to facilitate searches in small spaces.
It has a Lithium-Ion battery giving it 4 hours running time.
It connects by WiFi, making it easier to handle in the field (alternatively, a cable can be connected).
CAM: A COLOUR SEARCH CAMERA HEAD
Swivels through 260°, waterproof and equipped with LED lights to located victims in the dark, it is used to visually locate people trapped in confined spaces!
Connected to an ultra-light telescopic pole, it reaches hard-to-access areas.
It is also possible to talk to victims to assess the threat to their life using the integrated communication system.
TIC: A THERMAL IMAGING SEARCH CAMERA HEAD
Thermal imaging makes it possible to detect a heat source quickly, even if the environment is very dark, dusty or smoky. It detects heat between 0°C and 120°C. A victim will therefore be visible even if covered with dust or a blanket or behind foliage.
The MULTI-APP control box makes this USAR kit upgradeable!
This box can also be connected to:
- the optional RD90 search camera, waterproof to 90 m (RD90 device) for explorations at great depths. The optional RD90 colour camera, waterproof to 90 m and fitted with a 90 m cable wound on a reel enables exploration at great depth. The fixed head is fitted with LED lights and does not swivel. A 90 m extension lead allows it to be lowered down to 180 m.
- and/or the seismic detection/listening equipment function with seismic sensors (SEARCH devices).
This victim location tool meets the INSARAG certification guidelines.
Find more information on the MULTI-APPLICATION box at the following link: MULTISEARCH Concept Expertise!