GROUND PENETRATING RADAR
UWB TECHNOLOGY: Detection of movements of buried people
UWB ground penetrating radar designed for the field
2 search modes: Automatic or Manual
User-friendly graphic interface
The SCAN device is an Ultra Wide Band radar sensor (also called 'seismic/acoustic instrument'), movement detector through wreckage. Developed with victim location specialists, the SCAN device is used during the technical search phase of USAR search-clearance operations to detect and locate the movements of conscious or unconscious victims through various materials in collapsed buildings.
It uses UWB (Ultra Wide Band) technology that probes the surface of rubble to identify movements.
Its excellent sensitivity can detect irregular movements such as the movement of a finger, or regular movements as precise as the chest movements of a breathing victim, even if unconscious!
The ultra-sensitive sensors detect even the smallest movements and indicate the precise depth at which the victim is located. The frequency of movements is also analysed to determine whether or not it is a human life.
It sends electromagnetic waves through materials to detect variations in movements.
It detects movements through 50 cm of concrete, wood, roof tiles, glass, bricks, plastics and more. (However, note that electromagnetic waves cannot pass through metal surfaces or water).
It meets operational requirements since many international expert search and rescue teams (INSARAG, Civilian Security, FEMA Task Force, USAR teams, UKSAR, SAR, NGOs, etc.) use LEADER search equipment.
• Can be connected to MULTI-APP control boxes (up to 5 devices connected alternately)
• Detects the smallest breathing movements of a conscious or unconscious person under wreckage!
• Detects through 50 cm of concrete
• Compact and lightweight (the smallest in its category)
• Detects movement up to 30 metres unobstructed
• Detects movement up to 10 metres unobstructed
• 2 search modes: Real-time detection (manual mode) or Automatic
• Cabled or wireless connection to control box
• Intuitive navigation interface
• Possible to record data during the search
• 4 hours running time