THERMAL IMAGING CAMERA TRAINING FOR EMBRUN AND BRIANÇON FIRE STATION (FRANCE)
At the beginning of December 2020, LEADER, supplier of firefighting equipment and thermal vision specialist, conducted training on thermal cameras and their use in the HAUTES ALPES department (FRANCE).
The personnel of the Embrun and Briançon fire stations were trained in the use of their LEADER TIC 3.1 thermal firefighting cameras and also received specific training on infrared waves for the good interpretation of infrared thermal vision in operation. Indeed, LEADER supports and trains in the use of all its fire equipment!
The LEADER TIC fire thermal camera is versatile and can be used in search of victims, during attack phases, search for hot spots, progression in smoke and also electrical risks! Those acquired by the HAUTES-ALPES department (FRANCE) will be used by the fire truck attack and reconnaissance team.
The LEADER TIC thermal camera with a button (3.1 or 4.1 model) is also very easy to use: a single button allows you to switch between the two operating modes:
- "fire" for displaying all hot spots up to 1,100 ° C,
- “victim search” where only the hottest spots (people) are displayed.
LEADER, manufacturer of thermal cameras, offers a wide range of thermal cameras for firefighters and rescuers:
- Classic LEADER TIC thermal fire cameras: with 3.5 "and 4" screen, 1 or 3 buttons.
- NFPA certified LEADER TIC thermal imaging cameras: with 3.5 "and 4" screen, 1 or 3 buttons.
- LEADER TIC Long Range thermal cameras: Capable of detecting a person up to 1000 m, they are ideal for rescuers, coast guards and rescue personnel for the following applications:
- Search for victims in the mountains, in the open sea, in the desert, etc ... where conventional thermal cameras quickly reach their technical limits.
- Rescue and man-overboard search operations where it is vital to find people on the surface before they become hypothermic.
- Security and surveillance of large areas ...