LEADER FIREFIGHTING EQUIPMENT TESTS - CAMPUS VESTA FIRE TRAINING CENTER
Last May, LEADER carried out tests of its various firefighting equipment at the ANTWERP provincial training center – VESTA CAMPUS.
It is within the VESTA CAMPUS, a 50-hectare industrial firefighting training site, that the firefighters of ANTWERP and the KEMPEN zone were able to test various LEADER firefighting equipment:
- Tests of the FLOWMATIC 400 automatic fire nozzles in its various forms: classic, with trigger, with flow limiter (spoon), or with ring. The firefighters particularly appreciated:
- the quality of the materials used for the fire nozzles, which gives it great robustness,
- the quality of the jet thanks to the use of machined teeth which offer better performance than the rubber moulded teeth (better quality protective spray jet and improved distribution of the fine droplets produced with the attack jet to absorb maximum energy),
- the design of the nozzles which offer ergonomics and ease of use to users,
- the compactness and lightness of the nozzles which allow prolonged use without tiring the user,
- Versatility thanks to the foam adapter which is easily and quickly attached to the nozzle, making it possible to transform the nozzle into a Low or Medium Expansion foam generator.
- Tests of the LEADER BATFAN 3 LI + battery-operated fan as a High-Expansion foam generator (thanks to a foam adapter). The firefighters were impressed by the efficiency of this system which make it possible to fill the test room in a few seconds with a very small quantity of foam concentrate (class A and B, BIOFOR C foam concentrate with a concentration level of 0.5%).
- The LEADER fire nozzles (fitted with the POLYMOUSSE foam adapter) and the BATFAN 3 LI + battery-powered fan (equipped with its High Expansion foam adapter) have been tested with the BIO FOR C foam concentrate from our sister company BIOEX, manufacturer of classic foam concentrates and ecological.
- Tests of the LEADER TIC 3.1 thermal imaging camera carried out by a fire attack pair with little visibility. The firefighters particularly liked the image quality and the compactness of the camera.