COLAPSO ZERO organized by VIANAS LDA
From November 3 to 5, 2023, LEADER, a supplier of firefighting equipment, participated in the "COLAPSO ZERO" event organized by our distributor, VIANAS LDA, in Porto, Portugal.
10 Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) teams from Portugal and Spain took part in a wide range of practical workshops: including victim search buried under rubble, emergency stabilization and shoring, mass movement, high-angle rescue, slab drilling, and more.
In collaboration with LEADER, VIANAS LDA organized this dynamic event to bring together experts and dedicated teams in the field of rescue and to train them in the use of various rescue equipment.
LEADER LED A SPECIAL WORKSHOP FOCUSING ON TECHNICAL RESCUE IN THE CASE OF LANDSLIDES, HIGHLIGHTING THE USE OF SEVERAL USAR EQUIPMENTS:
1) The LEADER HASTY, combining:
- 3 seismic sensors (SEARCH devices) to detect the vibrations caused by people under wreckage and locate their positions under rubble.
- a colour search camera (CAM device) to visually locate victims.
- and a thermal imaging search camera (TIC) to detect hotspots.
2) LEADER SCAN incorporates an ultra-wideband radar sensor (SCAN device), designed to detect movements made by people under rubble, such as scrapings, impacts or simple chest movements due to the breathing of an unconscious victim.
3) The LEADER SENTRY acts as a stability controller by detecting movements in an unstable structure. Thanks to its laser, it constantly monitors these movements and alerts rescue teams of an imminent risk of collapse, allowing for an emergency evacuation!
Seeking to stand alongside rescuers in acquiring knowledge for the use of victim search equipment, LEADER and VIANAS rigorously train all their clients to master these tools so they can be efficient in the field, in emergency situations where every second counts!