Warning Alarm Stability Protection device - Leader WASP
Firefighting and USAR applications
Accurate for optimal safety
Teams using Leader WASP
The Leader WASP or Warning Alarm for Stability Protection was initially developed for the UK International Search and Rescue team, of which Matt Keogh was a member for 27 years. Matt is the creator of WASP and LEADER is now undertaking its manufacturing and promotion.
The stability controller was specifically designed for movement detection to protect USAR staff when entering earthquake damaged buildings because of spending hours in buildings breaching through floors all the time unaware if actions made were weakening the structure further.
Leader WASP safety monitoring and warning device gives rescue crews an early warning of failure allowing them to realise what they were doing (Breaching, Shoring, Tech Search) was possibly going to cause collapse of the unstable structure.
Leader WASP detects movement (0.1 to 2.6 degrees) and vibration (0.5 to 100 Hz) simultaneously or not. Alarm is triggered due to rotational failure of the sructure that it has been attached to. It was purely designed for risk reduction to personnel working in close proximity to a risk that had the potential of further movement/collapse of USAR operations.
Leader WASP allows quick implementation with easy configuration. It is robust and compact and is ultra-sensitive.
Leader WASP comes more and more under International Search and Rescue Advisory Group (INSARAG) coordination:UK ISAR, DART Singapore, etc..
Discover below our latest news about the WASP
- USE OF THE LEADER WASP STABILITY CONTROLLER DURING A SEARCH AND RESCUE OPERATION
- THE LEADER WASP USED TO PROTECT RESCUERS IN BEIRUT
- PROTECT THE USAR AND FIRE TEAMS IN OPERATION!
- WASP WINNERS OF THE INNOVATION AWARDS OF FIRE INDIA 2019
- WASP CROWNED WINNERS AT NORTHERN POWERHOUSE EXPORT AWARDS
Warning Alarm - Stability Protection device - Leader WASPLearn how the Leader WASP works in this video!
Four years on from launch, LEADER WASP in action around the WorldThe Warning Alarm for Stability Protection is a stability monitoring device created to protect emergency workers. The LEADER WASP is being used by emergency personnel in more than 30 countries. Learn how the LEADER WASP can be deployed by seeing examples of how it has been used by emergency service personnel around the world.
- Primary function
- Monitors movements and vibrations on unstabilised or stabilised structures for early warning of movement
- 1 or 2 monitoring units in one set. They are not linkable.
- Risk during implementation
- Rescuer must get close to or onto the structure to be monitored. However rescuers know level of risk and act accordingly to use Leader WASP.
- Seismic + Accelerometer sensors
- Monitoring method
- Detects rotation movement from 0.1° to 2.6° and / or vibration from 0.5hz to 100hz.
- Live monitoring
- No indication on box
- Unit calibration in field
- 20 sec to 30 sec
- Several alarm volume levels or Mute
- Alarm option
- Flash light
- Red lights on the 4 sides with 2 blinking rythm according working info or alarm triggering
- Designed for applications near crews at work in confined spaces but also outdoor situations
- It detects movements of angle, not homogeneous translation (an opening door), not if lowered (a dropping/rising lift or strut leg)
- Power supply
- 4x 1,5V C cell batteries for 1 week continuous work
- Running time
- 1 week in continuous work
- Small heavy cube to carry and place. Has integral magnet for fixing on metal. Need bracket accessories to be attached to structure.
- Recalibration not needed. Annual servicing on request.
- 12 months