Why choose 100% mechanical automatic dosing system ?
The use of automatic dosing systems for foam concentrate dosing ensures that your fire fighting foam operations are a success. They are adapted to all flow rates, guaranteeing homogeneous foam production regardless of any changes to the operation. Automatic dosing systems also ensure better management of foam concentrate stock, as they do not require the use of nozzles calibrated to 200, 400 or 800 l/min when only 300, 500 or 600 l/min are used for extinguishing.
During firefighting operations, building power supplies are often switched off. This is why using 100% autonomous automatic proportioners ensures the system works regardless of the external conditions. As a result, it is not necessary for the installer to provide a back-up power supply to ensure the dosing system works.
LEADER automatic dosing systems do not have a dosing pump. Unlike other dosing systems, there is no problem with dry running and they do not continue to needlessly mix the foam concentrate, a known phenomenon which is detrimental to the product’s life span.
When mounted on firefighting vehicles, 100% mechanical dosing systems do not draw on your vehicle’s power supply. Therefore it is not necessary to oversize the truck’s alternator.
Easy to maintain:
In addition to being autonomous, the 100% mechanical LEADER MIX do not use a dosing pump. This helps with:
- installation: no wiring
- maintenance: no dosing pump to drain, flow meter to check, brush to change, oil level to check.
- diagnosis: no risk of failure due to onboard electronics which are often difficult to repair.
- after sales: no costly repairs incurred due to travel by specialised electronics engineers.
The LEADER automatic proportioners rely on 2 major principles:
- The Venturi type system, which has always worked at fixed flow rates, is used for LEADER MIX devices. Designed by LEADER engineers, this dosing system is an automatic venturi proportioner allowing a wide range of flow rates. The LEADER MIX system patented by LEADER is unique worldwide for its compactness, simplicity and reliability.
- The technology of “SDU: Storage and Dosing Units” at balanced pressure is the foundation of FLOWMIX devices. The US manufacturer “Robwen” launched FLOWMIX in the 1980s. The technology was purchased by the firefighting equipment supplier LEADER in 2015 due to the reliability of the devices, which continue to work after more than 30 years.