LEADER MIX vs FLOWMIX - DIFFERENT DOSING SYSTEMS FOR CONTINUOUSLY OPTIMISED PERFORMANCE
LEADER MIX or FLOWMIX firefighting foam proportioner?
Which one to choose ?
LEADER MIX: CONTINUOUS USE FOR CLASS A OR B FIRES
INNOVATIVE DOSING SYSTEMS FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY DURING FIREFIGHTING OPERATIONS
Efficient, robust and cost-effective, LEADER MIX proportioners are 100% mechanical.
LEADER MIX 1000 FOAM PROPORTIONER
COMPACT, SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE
Using the Venturi principle, LEADER MIX automatic dosing systems ensure your firefighting foam operations are a success.
100% autonomous, they are adapted to all flow rates, guaranteeing homogeneous foam production regardless of any changes to the operation.
Reliable and precise, they also help limit foam concentrate usage as they do not require the use of nozzles calibrated to 200, 400 or 800 l/min when lower flow rates are required.
Ultra-compact and light, they are available in 2 configurations:
- LEADER MIX 1000 Fixed “Class A”
- Reliable concentration at 0.3, 0.5 and 1%
- Flow rate range: 200 - 1000 l/min
- Control panel
- LEADER MIX 1000 Portable or Fixed “Class A and Class B (AR)”
- Reliable concentration at 0.3 / 0.5 / 1 / 3 / 3V and 6%
- 1% and 3%V positions: specific to viscous foam concentrates
- Flow rate range: 200 - 1000 l/min from 0.3 to 3% (with a limit of 500 l/min at 6%)
- Control panel (for the fixed version)
Using the Venturi principle, and 100% mechanical, they are very compact and lightweight and do not require a power supply.
Reliable and precise, they are modular and supply high-flow installations with premix.
With a flow rate range of 300 to 2000 l/min, LEADER MIX 2000 can be installed with parallel operation for even higher flow rates.
- 4000 l/min needed:
- 2 x LEADER MIX 300-2000 in parallel
- For a flow range of: 600 to 4000 l/min
- 2 x LEADER MIX 300-2000 in parallel
- 6000 l/min needed:
- 3 x LEADER MIX 300-2000 in parallel
- For a flow range of: 900 to 6000 l/min
When mounted on vehicles, they do not require an oversized alternator.
And if part of a fixed installation, they do not require a backup power supply.
LEADER MIX 1000 is available as a “portable” or “fixed” option.
The “Fixed” type LEADER MIX 1000, 2000, 4000 or 6000, supplied with a control panel, are mounted on a firefighting vehicle or installed in an industrial facility.
- Concentration adjustment from 0.3 to 6%.
- 1% and 3%V positions specially calibrated to AR (Alcohol Resistant)-type Viscous foam concentrates.
- Much lighter and more compact than its mechanical competitors, LEADER MIX does not require a power supply. This asset avoids the excess weight of an oversized alternator.
- Continuous operation: unlike bladder tank, LEADER MIX sucks the foam concentrate directly into the tank, which can be filled even during use.
- Venturi Principle not requiring a dosing pump: no risk of dry running at the bottom of the tank.
- Ideal for short pulses during pulsing mode operation: the device maintains the suction rate once there is a flow, unlike some electronic devices. Electronic devices must complete calculations and so require more time to adjust the suction flow.
FLOWMIX FOAM DOSING SYSTEM: IDEAL FOR CLASS A FIREFIGHTING
FOR PRECISE DOSING AND IDEAL STORAGE
The use of an automatic dosing system like FLOWMIX ensures your fighting fire foam operations are a success. It is adapted to all flow rates, guaranteeing homogeneous foam production regardless of any changes to the operation. Automatic dosing systems also ensure better management of foam concentrate stock, as they do not require the use of nozzles calibrated to 200, 400 or 800 l/min when only 100, 500 or 600 l/min are used
FLOWMIX is a very compact bladder tank dosing system used to inject all types of foam concentrate used in firefighting:
- Class A additives from 0.1% to 1%
- Class B foam concentrates from 1% and 3%
Entirely based on a mechanical principle, FLOWMIX does not require any auxiliary energy source and operates automatically.
It is naturally positioned downstream from the pump and operates as soon as the water flows. Reduced pressure loss :
Ideal for long distances of hoses.
Particularly well-suited to use with additives for class A fires whose concentration is very low (0.1 to 0.7%) due to limited capacity from 19 to 76 litres:
- Urban and industrial firefighting operations:
- Wood, Paper, Cardboard,
- Plastic, Rubber,
- Fabric, Textiles
- Forest and wild fires firefighting operations
- Plants, Straw, etc.
There are 2 configurations of the FLOWMIX range of dosing systems:
- COMPACT models: for fixed installations (fire hose network, sprinkler network, on a pick-up, supplying small fixed fire monitors, etc.) or for use in portable mode
- KIT models: for installation by modules on firefighting response vehicles (VPI, VSR, FPTL, FPT, etc. ).
The components are distributed in the installation.
To make it easier to refill, the Compact versions are equipped as standard with a manual pump, whilst the Kit versions are equipped with an electric filling pump.
- Bladder tank-type system: Long-term storage of foam concentrate in optimal conditions (kept in vessel protected from air and ultraviolet ray).
- Ideal for class A urban and forest fires with very low concentration adjustment from 0.1 to 1% for a flow rate range of 30 to 2000 l/min.
- Low pressure losses.
- Like LEADER MIX, FLOWMIX is lighter than its mechanical competitors and does not require a power supply. This avoids overloading a vehicle with the weight of an oversized alternator.
- No moving parts: Only the bladder containing the foam concentrate needs to be replaced every 5 years.
Discover other articles below that may interest you:
- Why choose a 100% mechanical automatic dosing system ?
- Foam concentrates, How do they work ?